I never knew trick or treating and dressing up could be so much fun (or maybe it's just dressing up a baby that I love). I'd been exploring options for Mazzie's costume for months and after much consideration, finally decided on the baby chick. It was unique, adorable, and I could make it. I purchased the hat on Etsy, but the body was all me. Being someone who doesn't sew, this was quite a big deal! Of course, costuming couldn't be that easy. I made Mazzie's costume in September and within those six weeks she gained weight...a lot. When Jon and I did a test run with her costume a few days before Halloween, we couldn't get it on her. After some minor trauma (Jon's words, not mine), Jon convinced me to give up and restart. Luckily it just required a few safety pins and a little patience (on Mazzie's part, not mine). Three days later, we had the cutest little chick on the block.
The boys opted for Ninja (Alec) and Ice Wolf (Kade). They'd been running around in their costumes for a few weeks and loved acting the part - It was a perfect opportunity for Alec to practice all his new tae kwon do moves. I'm pretty sure Alec's favorite part of his costume was the num chucks (no idea how to actually spell that). The boys were great sports - they put up with my millions of pictures and smiled pretty for at least a few of them. Landree and Easton joined us for dinner at my parents' house and a few pictures. Such cute cousins! After all the picture taking, Jon took the boys trick or treating. It was a pretty nice night for most of the evening and they made it pretty far before needing to warm up. The amount of candy they brought home was insane - absolutely not what we need around our house but I'll enjoy it for now. Jon's proud of the fact that they finally learned the importance of getting the good stuff - chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate - but that, of course, means they got more of my favorites!




No comments:
Post a Comment