Easter…another holiday that keeps getting better and better. As I've said before, being a mom makes holidays so much…more. More traditional, more entertaining, more meaningful, and more enjoyable. This year, we did things a little differently. Jon had to travel on Easter morning (as in, be on a plane at 8:00 a.m. on Easter morning), so the Easter Bunny came on Friday night and we had three very surprised children on Saturday morning.
The kids had an absolute blast hunting for eggs…all 55 of them! The Easter Bunny got smart this year and separated the eggs. The boys were told to search for green, yellow, and blue eggs while Mazzie was instructed to find the pink, purple, and orange eggs. This division made the egg hunt way more exciting for all of the kids - the boys didn't grab all the 'easy' eggs and they were given the opportunity to search for some real doozies! Although Mazzie enjoyed looking for eggs last year, this year was a whole new ballgame. She loved, loved, loved the hunt. She was running from one egg to another and couldn't get enough!
Another smart move by the bunny this year? Puzzle pieces! Rather than hide the baskets on the main floor with all the eggs, he made a puzzle out of it. The pieces were distributed throughout Easter eggs and the puzzle had to be put together in order to learn about the baskets. Once built, the puzzle had a special note - 'It's time for some more, head to the 2nd floor.' This brilliant idea extended our Easter fun by at least 15 minutes and I was so grateful!
My family was kind enough to shift all celebrations to Saturday, so we enjoyed a delicious lunch, lots of family games, and the usual Hollingsworth Hunt. In other words, fun, fun, and more fun.
Let's take a minute and admire one of my favorite parts of the Easter holiday…the dress. I might look for the perfect Easter dress all.year.long. This year, I found it at an Etsy shop I'd been admiring for months, Adelaide's Boutique. It's traditional, beautiful, unique and didn't include chevron. Don't get me wrong, I love some chevron (just take a look at my house!), but I need a break every once in a while. I also loved the idea of some different colors - Mazzie doesn't have a lot of green or yellow. I ordered a custom hair bow from Jameson Monroe, my very favorite bow shop. Unfortunately, I think Mazzie's hair may officially be too cray-cray for a headband (unless it's in a pony or something). Anyway, that's a discussion for another day. My point - beautiful dress with a perfectly matching hair bow - beautiful baby girl!
Walnut Hills hosted an egg hunt on Sunday between the church services. They had two hunts. The big kids were able to hunt on the hill and the littles were in a smaller area. Everybody had a blast and found plenty of eggs full of plenty of candy.
| The 'sort' |
![]() |
| How cute are these lovies? Seriously? |
| Too bad the sun was in everyone's eyes. This could have been a pretty cute pic! |
![]() |
| The Geistkemper crew, looking springy and sunshine-y. |
| The Ferchen Five - Dad (tear). We look pretty good though, don't you think? :-) |















No comments:
Post a Comment